Tall Angle Corner Cabinet for Closet

Donco15

I am trying to create a Tall Corner unit for a closet.. 

I would sincerely appreciate any help because I have tried every cabinet option.

It seems like it should be doable..

Am I missing something or is this not possible with HD Pro 2020?

Thanks for your help in advance

D-

closet corner unit.JPG

Eric

The cabinet does not overlap the other.

There seems to be a bounding box..

I know that there is something that I have not turned on..

I just don't know what it is.

I know the answer lies in a tool in the bottom left corner, I have tried all the tools and they do not work.

I have looked at it for over an hour... therefore, I came to the forum for advice.

I have gone through all the videos and tutorials.. 

I know that it is something simple - BECAUSE you have shown me that it is possible.. 

What am I missing???

I just opened Pro and tried -- you don't have the same tools as Chief does. I sometimes forget the differences.

You will need to model this from parts. Use partitions and shelves, slabs etc. You can make an L shaped slab, but not an L shaped shelf.

Once all together, make an Architectural Block.

• Upvote 1

An option may be to do it with a base cabinet. Delete the counter, change the height and the width. Then select corner cabinet and delete diagonal door. Change the number of shelves to 1 and as long as you don't mind 2 vertical pieces in the corner, it could solve your dilemma?

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

I have been thinking that Eric was using x11 - I was right - The partition method and shelves is something that I tried prior coming to Forum.. Thanks for the suggestion..

Keith - I have been toying around with the base option... funny that you mentioned this - I am tinkering, but think this may be the best option..

It is just getting rid of the style in the front that I am struggling with..

Thanks for the help.. I will let you all know if I am successful.. 

I sincerely appreciate everyone's help..

D-

Start with a tall kitchen cabinet.  You will need to eliminate the doors and shelves.  You will also have to delete the crown molding and the top separation from the cabinet.  If you don't want the toe kick, delete that too.

Make the empty cabinet the length you want, and then place the long end of the cab slightly extended into the wall.

Copy/paste the cab.  Rotate the new cab and extend it's end, fully over-lapping the other cab, and with it's long end also slightly extended into the wall.

Re-add the crown molding to a soffit sized correctly, OR use a custom countertop with molding added (and then size and shape the countertop to the shape of the tall cabinet).  You can block the molding pieces to the cabinet.

The only thing left to do, is to add a closet shelf (with pole and hangers).  You can block that to the cabinet, too.

It might sound like a lot of steps to do, but it really is quick and easy.

image.thumb.png.b96c4bcba43f3267d3987f6ab5378646.png

• Upvote 1

Joann

It worked!!!

I never thought that pulling a cabinet into the wall would be the way to go. But it did work.

Another simpler solution should be the corner base cabinet extended to the proper height.. But that stile just can't work..

This method works perfectly. I never would have imagined that the software would make one pull an object into the wall for a simple corner cabinet.

I am not complaining.. just thankful that you chimed in on this..

I am happy that everyone is so helpful and gracious.. 

I would have never thought of something like this.. and I tried everything...

I am saving this in my user library as a Library Block... 

Thanks again to everyone who helped...

D-

ANGLED TALL CORNER CABINET - FINAL.JPG