Terrain question

Hammer7

Contour lines are graphic only, they are on a layer called Terrain, "Primary Contour Lines" and "Terrain, Secondary Contour Lines", they cannot be manually edited but rather displayed or not at your choice. They are evidence of adding, subtracting or editing "Terrain Elevation Lines" which you manually place usually. It is not clear exactly what you are complaining of but the above is my best guess.

Click here to view help and video tutorials about Terrain

DJP

Thank you David, I was able to get that errant line to disappear and I'm finding my way through a couple of things that are terrain related.  Here is an image of the existing conditions from a municipal overlay and what my drawing that I'm working on today looks like.

20191003_090524.jpg

terrain image.png

I'm following along  with this video  https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/10144/home-designer-landscape-design.html

The contour lines are not showing up, is there a button/icon that I have deactivated?  

So I was missing the build terrain button, got that worked out and now my building is separated from my house....I think this is the subfloor elevation setting....hunting for that one next....

separation.png

Thank you David, by hunting around and checking a number of things I discovered that my subfloor absolute number and my terrain elevation data was off, I came up with a hand over hand solution but I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust different inputs.

Here is my latest iteration, I managed to get close but I am struggling to lower the grade around the front of the house where there is a walk out basement.  See attached, is this a function of data related to the inside floor or something preset in the terrain data?  Thank you and any advice is appreciated.

terrain.png

Terrain was added as a feature to Chief Architect around the year 2,000 AD, as a  result, it always acts independently of the main structure. You can raise and lower it as an object relative to the structure by using the "Building Pad" input pad, it is a little tricky at first but my advice to new users is to MAKE ONE CHANGE AND THEN EVALUATE THAT CHANGE IN SEVERAL CAMERA VIEWS BEFORE MAKING ANOTHER CHANGE.  Doing that will allow you to control what you are doing, making several changes at once before viewing in camera views does not tell you which change was the wrong one.

DJP