deleting roof/gable lines

CanadaJanice

I'm still relatively new to HD, however, recently I tried to modify some of my roof lines on my house plan and some pretty wonky stuff happened.  So, I deleted the roof (and also used the Reset to Default Setting for the roof) to start afresh.  However, that didn't seem to give me a clean palette to work with.  Am I missing a critical step to remove everything and restart?

thanks!

29 minutes ago, CanadaJanice said:

However, that didn't seem to give me a clean palette to work with.  Am I missing a critical step to remove everything and restart?

thanks!

Sounds like you are. Your title mentions Gable/Roof Lines -- they can be selected and deleted, and i think you can use Delete Objects (Edit>Delete Objects) to delete roof related things too.

Adding an image (screen capture) or two will help others help you.

thanks guys!  again, just learning the tools, so I apologize for what might be a basic question!  Here is a copy of the .plan of the house.  and by the way, I'm using the 2018 version of the program.

What I'm trying to do is have the gable over the front door that extends out beyond the length of the front bedroom (approx 10 feet) that ties in visually with gable over the front bedroom - hopefully that makes sense?  what keeps coming up is the dual cable - that I can't shift in size or delete!

thanks

Janice

October_3_version.plan