Creating multiple shed-roof sections all sloping up from back to front

Baylink

Attached is my Grande Projecte.

The planned roofing is 3 segments of shed, sloping up from the back, so the back wall is 12ft high, and the front window wall is 20.

The 2 wing sections will be separate sheds, also both sloping up back to front, with the break line 35 ft back from the front wall -- yes, I know I have to adjust the rooms on the right.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to talk HDPro16 into doing those 5 shed roofs?  :-)  Is there any video on complex multi-sheds anywhere?

bighouse-lookdownfront.jpg

That's not quite informative enough, is it?

The left, center and right sections will be independent shed roofs.  Center is a single shed, from back up to front.

The left and right sections will have a shed from the back wall to the wall that's 35ft in from the front, drop down to the ceiling line with a window, and a second shed up to the front.  Some of these elevations, obviously, are subject to some tweaking, once I have the basic shape in place.

Yes, JoAnn, exactly that. 

Well, almost exactly; my original design didn't have the rear halves of the side roofs be part of the rear half of the center one, but that's certainly close enough for government work.

Is this, as I suspect, mostly a creature of properly splitting the cross walls, and marking the proper walls as Shed and Gable?  Or is it more complicated than that?

Well, stage one: I got a single plane, even though I broke the rear wall.

Clearly, the part that requires manual roof plane setting is that one is not permitted to set the heights of the front walls manually otherwise. 

Off to read the articles in David's search.  Maybe some caffeine first.  ;-)

On 9/28/2019 at 9:08 PM, Baylink said:

Now I just have to figure out how those walls in the middle can have a height of both 12 and 16 feet simultaneously.  :-)

In Architectural you raise roof planes by setting the Ceiling Height higher in the "Room Specification Dialogs- Structure Tab - Ceiling Height" enough to achieve your target Roof Height (they, Ceiling Height and Roof Height in Architectural are pretty much the same settings for all practical purposes).

Adjusting the "pitch" of a roof plane is done in the "Wall Specification Dialog - Roof Tab - Roof Pitch Input box) under the roof plane you wish to control, pitch-wise (its relative height is due to two factors: its pitch and its baseline height which is caused by the Room Dialog Box - Structure Tab - Ceiling height setting

DJP