Unable to open room below

Anggoro

Hi Everyone,

I had a situation where i unable to open room below. I tried to learn to made ellipse railings above living room after i created made polyline (Pictures attached).

I usually did open room below after i made room divider or after i made a staircase.

Please advise whether any missing steps or misconfiguration to build it ?

Thank you

Regards

-Ang-

Ellipse line converted into polyline.png

Ellipse railing unable to open room below.png

Hi Jo_Ann and everyone,

Thanks for the advise.

1 hour ago, Jo_Ann said:

A "landing" is not a "room", and you can not set it as "open below".

Only "rooms" can be set as "open below".

However i still couldn't found menu converted into room from polyline. 

What i need to learn, is there any direction or guidance whether i drew ellipse then converted into polyline and having open room below.

Please advise

Regards

-Ang-

Ang,

Please share a copy of your current plan file with us so we better understand what you need and want and put this problem to rest. I read the posts above and I am still not sure exactly what you wish to do or why you are trying to do it with a stair landing. Jo Ann, Eric and I are VERY experienced users and helpers and if any of us better understood exactly what you wish to do, then any of us could then actually help you.

DJP

9 hours ago, Anggoro said:

However i still couldn't found menu converted into room from polyline. 

What i need to learn, is there any direction or guidance whether i drew ellipse then converted into polyline and having open room below.

There is no option to convert a polyline to a room.

Walls define rooms -- that includes the Room Divider.

Hi Eric, David and everyone,

Thanks for the responsed and guidances.

Fortunately i've succeeded built railing with open room below. Enclosed is the screen capture.

And my conclusion regarding convert into polyline but this is only in my thought and experiment that, we can't create rounded polyline and had an open room below. i don't know whether this is a limitation software or i don't had the knowledge and experiences about converting polyline and configure it. 

Cheers:)

Regards 

-Ang-

Railing with open below.png