slab foundation next to crawl space

ohlone

Hi,

I'm creating a new model of our single story house.

The house has an attached garage with a slab floor adjacent to the remainder of the house that is on a crawl space.  There is, of course, a shared wall between the interior of the house and the garage.  I assume there's a footing under slab around the garage perimeter.

The floor of the garage is 2 feet lower than the finished floor of the house, therefore, the top of the wall shared between the garage and the interior of the house is 10' high in the garage and 8' high inside the house.

In other words, as far as house plans go, very typical, very simple.

Despite this ubiquitous layout, I don't see how to express this in Home Designer Architectural 2018.

Starting with an empty plan, can anybody provide me the exact steps to model this slab-next-to-crawl foundation ?

Cheers,

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 11.31.17 AM.png

Hello Eric,

If you even know the rough steps to approach this problem, please advise.  That could be a big help.

I've spent hours messing with layering and building foundations and looking at documentation / videos and cannot get the slab-next-to-crawl floor heights and foundation to look right when viewed with a 3D perspective camera.