Trouble painting interior walls and changing cabinet colour

Nicole_A

Hi there,

I'm trying to paint walls white, and selected white colour from the materials menu, but the walls are showing a light grey colour. In one instance, one wall appears white but I can't get the other walls to appear white (see screenshot). Additionally, I'm having the same issue when trying to make cabinets (surface, doors, drawers) white as well.

Also, some walls used to make closets will show white on the insides but not the outside.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.03.02 PM.png

These Help articles may be of help at the Home Designer website: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/search/?default_tab=all&q=color+shading+in+camera+views

Generally speaking, the aparent color difference in shading is caused by the programming of the render cameras where white often on other surfaces in the same room looks darker than other walls, this is a common lighting effect even in the real world when you really carefully confront a room with your own eyes. This was an attempt by its makers to emulate the natural shading effect by Nature.

DJP

Hi Eric, Thanks for your response. I changed my signature to include the version. I'm using Home Designer Suite 2020.

I don't think it's the lighting because I was able to change the colour of one wall to white and in the same room the other walls still look grey. Although, I'm very new to this software and likely don't know what I'm doing yet.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.03.02 PM.png

Edited by Nicole_A
adding info

The best way to be sure of a "global" change is to open "Edit - Default Settings - Materials - Interior walls" and select the intended surface material or color. Then open "Edit - Default Settings - Walls" and then alter the existing interior wall finishes for "Walls Exterior and Walls Interior" to match and agree. Changing wall surface materials and colors using only the Material Sprayer or Material Eyedropper, unless you thoroughly understand those tools "Mode Settings" can, if used without study and practice will produce unwanted or spotty results. Knowing your tools and settings is vitally essential to competent use of the software.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...