Black and White Objects

DeePrice

I am used to HD Designer Suite 2018 objects being shown in color.  I have downloaded, and deleted, and re-down loaded HD Pro 2020 (after deleting files from download locations) to no avail for getting .skp and manufacture files to render in color.  Wayfair is the biggest issue, but all appliances and millwork also show in the drop down list in black and white.  So far there has been no issue with manufacture files that uses .png and .jpeg for the materials.  The only time I can see the objects texture/material color is during the camera view of the object.

Is this an issue with Pro 2020 or normal behavior with the program? 

Edited by DeePrice
Needed to ask an additional question

4 hours ago, DeePrice said:

Is this an issue with Pro 2020 or normal behavior with the program?

No, it is not. The source has to be the .skp files which are offered free of charge from Sketch UP users but you, unlike symbols offered from Chief Architect, have no quality control other than YOU. I often have to download several different .skp symbols to find just one that is usable. Such objects do have a dialog box and materials tab in Home Designer where you can assign materials of your choice to remedy. That said when you download a poorly made symbol there is little you can do other than to repair the symbol IN Sketch Up and then try again.

DJP

Sorry I was not very clear.

After downloading HD Pro 2020, I also obtained the additional content (HD Bonus Catalogs and Manufacturer Catalogs).

Then I selected the Library tab and selected Import.

Once the Import was completed, I went through both Catalogs and noticed that mill work, appliances, and furniture were being displayed in Black and White.  And I know that they should be displaying in color.

As stated earlier, I deleted everything and started fresh, with the same results.  This has nothing to do with changing the material; which I do normally once it is placed in my plan.  It has to do with the why ii is showing up in the Library Browser as Black and White.