Sketch Up Imports

Alfiejay08

Does anyone have any idea of why some of my imported items from Sketch Up have no color once imported into Home Designer 2020? It doesn't happen on all of them, but some of them have no color and if you try to add color in Home Designer, it paints everything one color. When I open it in Sketch Up, the color is there. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

play park 2017.skp

The best thing about Sketch Up 3D Warehouse stuff is that is freely shared by other Sketch Up users. The bad part is there is no "Quality Control" other than yourself. some downloads are not as well made as others and they are made, number one for Sketch Up and not for other CAD programs, thus the hit and miss on 3D Warehouse downloads relative to general quality and assigned materials.

Symbols you get from Chief Architect do have quality control as to materials and the number of 3D faces is kept low. I often download several symbols to keep just one of those, throwing the rest away after download and evaluation. I suggest that you adopt a similar philosophy and just appreciate that they are free,

DJP

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing, I really appreciate being able to find free symbols. It is just that the one I have attached, I really want it. So I was trying to find out if there was a way I could fix it or if maybe it was something I was doing wrong when I imported it. Thank you for responding.

• 1 month later...

A little harsh answer

But even the Sketchup files are free, there could have been an answer to Alfiejay's question, and there very likely is

Unfortunately i cannot help with the color problem, sorry

I just started with Chief Architect Architectual, and i did try a couple of Sketchup files, but until now i only ran into sizing errors on one .skp file

Happy drawing

Ole

4 hours ago, olepro said:

A little harsh answer

Never the less True. The main variable for any Architectural software is the competence of those who use them. What I am saying is that anyone, anywhere can post symbols on their website and anyone is then able to download such symbols but no one living or dead does any quality control except you on the receiving end when you download. That is a factual answer and not meant with any animus at all.

DJP

On 9/9/2019 at 7:51 AM, Alfiejay08 said:

Does anyone have any idea of why some of my imported items from Sketch Up have no color once imported into Home Designer 2020? It doesn't happen on all of them, but some of them have no color and if you try to add color in Home Designer, it paints everything one color. When I open it in Sketch Up, the color is there. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

play park 2017.skp

See if any of these work-

Library file built in CA X-11:

PLAY PARK ALFIEJAY08.calibz

.3ds file with material IDs intact:

play park 2017.3ds

.plan file with the structure placed in plan:

PLAY STRUCTURE ALFIEJAY08.plan

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2019 at 7:31 PM, Alfiejay08 said:

WOW! That is beautiful. Thank you so much. You are magnificent! I think I will become one of your supporters to help keep the great content coming. Thank you so much!

Thank You, appreciated!!

On 10/30/2019 at 6:53 PM, Donco15 said:

This is amazing.. Beautiful colors... Definitely a work of art/

I only converted this, not sure who the creator was.

I make content for CA premier, not sure those items work in the home line of products.