Design Classic Chalet with Home Designer Suite 2015?

mbriggs69

I'm a new user and have been through the Getting Started House Design tutorial. Is there a similar tutorial or video that will tell me most of what I need to know to design a classic chalet? Perhaps something similar to http://www.creativehouseplans.com/House-Plans/chalet_510.htm? I'm not a builder or an architect just looking for ideas for a vacation cabin we are building. In particular I want to play around with large stone fireplace options and locations in the great room, and various kitchen, bedroom and laundry room configurations.

Thanks.

post-1202-0-34561900-1417212180_thumb.jpg

Even Builders and Architects would first have to learn how ot guide and control the software. Some address to nomenclature is of course useful. My advice is to learn the software and its tools as your immediate goal and then you can use that competence to create whatever you like. 

The software is not particularly "intuitive" things do have names that you must understand and actions to be learned, the software is mechanical in that it follows preset default settings or those settings that you apply based upon the specific result you seek (that is what must be learned by you gradiently (a little at a time).

DJP