Material Column ID in Drawings

BackCountryRob

Still figuring it out; but haven't had any luck researching the forum or youtube videos....

What I'm trying to do is have a view of the first column image.thumb.png.794860bef2d6279fd69c2fbce0341c13.png (GN1, GN2, GN3) to show on a display on the corresponding walls its refrences... any way to do that besides using the "find in object" and adding text? These are the walls for (GN1) and it would be a handy feature to have a material ID as a drawing view. image.thumb.png.2e8455c24cfc292d908531709d8ec474.png

The three walls are ID'd as GN1, GN2, GN3 in the materials list.  The second pic shows the walls for GN1.

What I'd like to achieve is having a view where the GN1 walls are ID'd in a drawing view. ie, each of four GN1 walls have the GN1 label as reflected from the materials list. like this:

image.thumb.png.83383577680ee805098bdf7062c429db.png

53 minutes ago, BackCountryRob said:

any way to do that besides using the "find in object" and adding text?

That's the only way that I know.

Be aware that these IDs may change so I'd only do this when the plan is complete.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

@solver

I am looking for information to see if it is possible to add and ID of my own. When I place items for realistic purposes such as a Bleach Bottle, I do not want it in my materials list.It is listed in Fixtures, and some accessories are appropriate. I would love to include an ID of "Not Included". Is it just after Christmas and am I thinking about batteries?

I cannot find information about this one way or the other. Any ideas or do I just have to move all items from my accessories that I do want on the materials list and use "Accessories" as "Not Included"?

I also have some 3D solids that are not drawn in a fashion appropriate for material calculations, but cannot even find then in the list at all. Where do they go? I also have custom columns  I created from solids that are drawn so that they would apply to the Materials List. I have block wrapped in stone veneer with a concrete cap and on up, then blocked or turned into a symbol.

Reading and searching, this is the closest string I could find and the answers are not here either.

Thanks all,

Mark

@solver

Eric,

I believe I ended up here through what ended up being a web search after exhausting other methods. I have not used Home Designer. Is it so different that answers here would not apply or does it just not have as many features as Premiere?

Appreciate the insight.

Mark