Falling through the ground, climbing through the ceiling

n8gray

I've been having a great time using the full camera and arrow keys for "walking" around my project and looking at it from inside and outside, but something strange has started to happen.  At some point I started falling through the ground when outside the house.  Every step I take drops the camera's "height above floor" by -17 5/8".  After a few steps I'm under the ground.

At the same time the "falling through the ground" bug started, another similar effect began.  If I try to walk up the stairs each step pushes the camera far higher than it should.  For example, the riser height on my staircase is 7 5/16", but standing on the third step the camera's "height above floor" has gone up by 44 1/2".  After a few steps I've gone right through the roof!

All of this was sort of amusing at first but it's getting old quick.  Wandering the project in first-person was a lot of fun and really helpful in making decisions but now I have to be careful where I step.  I'm not sure what I did to cause this to happen but it used to work perfectly.  Any suggestions on how to fix it?

I'm using HD Suite 2015 16.4.1.20OSX on a Mac running Mavericks.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I am having the same issue. 

I'm  also using HD Suite 2015 16.4.1.20OSX on a Mac running Mavericks.

I am in a place where I can't start planning my outside of my house. - I also agree with the original poster that is was funny at first but not its annoying and preventive of thing I am trying to do.

• Upvote 1