Section not showing all floors

Elliot

I am working on a two story house, first floor and a daylight basement.  I keep  cutting cross section/elevations  but it only shows the first floor, attic, and roof.  What do  I do to get it to show everything from footing to roof?  And then how can I get it to show the rafters and floor joists in the section also? I have attached a 3d of the rear of the house with the addition showing. 

thanks

Eskengren 3D view3.pdf

35 minutes ago, Elliot said:

What do  I do to get it to show everything from footing to roof?

They always do.

Attach an elevation or cross section that does not. 

And please post a screen capture image, no need to make a PDF of an image.

37 minutes ago, Elliot said:

And then how can I get it to show the rafters and floor joists in the section also?

Turn on the display of those layers.

I turned on the layers and the joists and trusses showed up in the section. but I still cannot get all floors to show. I have attached a section and an elevation. 

thanks so much

image.thumb.png.b0ac68aac7926271b90fb69f8047055c.png

image.thumb.png.14aa48e264e8045fa5f0e17a4cfba530.png

it shows in the 3D

1555601161_Eskengren3d.thumb.jpg.d010bae3776dd4e75fc311156b934142.jpg

It looks like a layer issue. Here is all layers on.

ht1.thumb.png.fc74dbbcd1eb1fc62b1a7d96088640d0.png

I looked quickly and did not see an obvious problem.

I copied (using Edit Area) your plan into a new plan and the cameras work as expected.

Suggest sending the file to Chief. I need to get back to a job -- will look again tonight.

Eric

The solution worked.  The daylight basement was on the basement layer so when I turned on that layer, the views showed all the basement walls.  The struggle I am having now is related to which layers items are drawn on. For instance I drew in cad a number of lines on the site plan such as the outline of the septic drainfield and the septic reserve area.  It of course assigns it to the CAD layer. But when I go back to the floor plan, that layer is also on because there are items drawn in that layer on the floor plan.  So when I am working on the floor plan I still have all the CAD lines showing which I drew on the site plan.  Now I have to draw some section and construction details all in CAD as well but I think that will just compound the situation.  I cannot find a way to create my own layer set.  Nor can I find a way to change an item or group of items to another layer like I can in my other cad programs.  Nor can I find I way to tell HD Pro to assign a line to a certain layer. 

thanks again for all your help.