Auto Interior Dimensions

Foundations3D

I am not seeing an option for auto interior dimensions in Home Designer Pro 2020.  Is there a key combination for this tool or a step by step tutorial?  I have used it in other Home Designer products in the past.

I am also looking for the square footage display which I believe showed up with the auto interior tool.  Is there a way to calculate the "included" square footage in HD Pro 2020?

Thanks

The auto interior dimension tool was deleted in HDP 2020 if I remember right. I think it was a good idea, as it would generate so many dimensions the plan became almost impossible to read. Now just set your manual dimension tool to how you want to generate dimensions and run "strings of dimensions on your plan to get the interior ones you want.

For interior area of rooms, go to the "display" tool and look for "Rooms-interior area" and that will show the interior area of each room that has it's label displayed.

That command still exists in Chief Premier and I rarely use it because 0f what rookie65 observed and I agree it is not worth the aggravation it causes or you might say the work it causes that has to be manually repaired afterward. It is a lot easier to just draw interior dimensions manually and this IS what I currently do when I need and want them. good riddance I say.

DJP

They just removed the icon. You can add it back.

ht1.thumb.png.7b5cf6052fb19d6be8d4919a05d843ae.png

4 hours ago, Foundations3D said:

Is there a way to calculate the "included" square footage in HD Pro 2020?

Turn on Room Labels, and the Standard Area or Interior Area layer.

Thanks all, I have located the interior dimensions in the toolbar customization and I can select it, but nothing happens.  It is still not appearing under the measuring tools icon.  I also tried double clicking and right clicking and still no change.  I am able to right click on a room and then select auto interior interior dimensions which yes, gives me far too many dimensions and I have to delete most of them, but I use have also used this tool to also generate the overall interior living area, not just by room so I still don't have a calculated total interior living area.

Is there a way to display that number?

21 minutes ago, Foundations3D said:

but I use have also used this tool to also generate the overall interior living area, not just by room so I still don't have a calculated total interior living area.

You should automatically have a Living Area label that shows a value -- do you see it?

It can be turned on or off in Plan Defaults.

Running a Plan Check will often bring it back.

As far as the icon, you need to drag it to a toolbar (read up on customizing toolbars). And Auto Interior Dimensions has only ever done this one thing.

Total living area appeared after a plan check!  Thanks so much for all your help

Next up for me is sending all the floorplans and elevations to layout.  I have already successfully sent the foundation plan but I am wondering if there is a video or tutorial you can recommend for creating multiple pages of layout that can all be opened as one PDF?

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, Foundations3D said:

that can all be opened as one PDF?

Since Pro only has single page layouts, you will need a 3rd party PDF tool to merge multiple files into one.

I don't have a recommendation, but a web search should find both free and paid products.

Good to know.  That will save me a lot of time looking for a way to put them all in one PDF via HD!  Not a big deal.

I am now having trouble displaying the total living area again, this time in the foundation of the same home.  There is over half of the lower level finished and living area is turned on in default settings.  I also ran a plan check but still not appearing.  Anything else I should try?  The file is 18.6 mb but it is still telling me that the upload failed because the file is too big.