Wall height help needed.

tgidave

Hi All,

I just upgraded to Home Designer Pro 2020 but I don't think that is a part of this problem.  I am designing and building a small 12x16 shed with 8' walls.  Everything went well until I decided to put a garage door on one side.  When I added the door it defaulted to a 9x8 door and increased the wall height to 9'.  I then changed the door size to 9x7 hoping that the wall size would revert to 8' again.  No such luck.  I can not find a way to change the wall height.  I'm sure I'm just overlooking some field in some setting screen but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Please update your signature.

48 minutes ago, tgidave said:

When I added the door it defaulted to a 9x8 door and increased the wall height to 9'.

That's not the way the program works. Here is a structure with 8' walls and the default 8' garage door.

ht1.thumb.png.831cd54f91bd468904fe4df467928309.png

My guess is you drew your shed with 9' walls.

Open the room, on the Structure panel, set the ceiling height to be whatever you want.

Or, even better, open Defaults, set the ceiling height, then and rooms you create will be correct.

• Upvote 1

Yup, the ceiling height was set to 109 1/8.  I was looking for a wall height field instead of a ceiling height field which was most of the confusion on my part.  I will know better in the future.

Thank you!!!

Dave