How to accurately draw existing house

ArbysNight

I'm evaluating HD Pro 2020 for a potential upcoming remodel to my house. As a starting point I want to accurately model my house as it is today. I'm looking for some general advice on how to get walls accurate in length and location. It seems that 2020 has added anchor ends to some walls when editing the dimension, but those are not always there. Sometimes I modify the length of a wall and a previously "perfected" wall is adjusted. I've looked thru the various threads and videos and am not seeing something that seems like an obvious starting point.

Start with setting how your dimensions will be generated. Easiest for a remodel like that is to have them measure to the surfaces so it is easier to match whatever drawing you did by hand getting the dimensions. You can also set it to measure windows and doors to the casings or sides. If you need to double check something, you can use the interior dimension tool. Watch what it's reading to, because if it is reading to the stud and not the drywall, you'll need to account for that in your dimensions. You can also dimension to the surfaces of the interior walls. A suggestion is to start with a basic box and put some walls in it. Then play around with the dimension tools to get a combination that works to what/how you gathered your information.