ROOM LAYOUT DESIGN HELP

NTFINEFURNITURE

Hello,

I'm new at this software, Home Designer Pro 2020, and I need someone to guide me to get a room layout in this odd shape. I manage to do the outside wall, for some reason I cannot upload the .plan file so I upload a .dwg file, I cannot change that shape. This is gonna be a two family under the same roof, 3fl and roof as a 4th fl. I have the ideas in my head, I just don't have the knowledge enough in this software. Could someone guide me or give me some ideas on how to proceed from this point onward? I've attached what I did so far, and pictures of what I want to achieve, thank you for your help in advance.

glass front.jpg

fausto house.dwg

front around.GIF

guide plan.gif

idea1.JPG

previous.jpg

David,

It's not a problem, I just want to see if you could help me with a room layout, a suggestion, I have no idea where to put them. I've try to upload the .plan file but I just get There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200, would you know why do I get that error message?

It is not possible to upload a copy of your plan file while it is actively open in Home Designer Pro. Close it and then add the file while the program is closed.

I still do not see a problem. What a designer does is to decide where things go based upon your experience with spaces you have lived in, it is not "Rocket Science" and is just based upon real-life and your won sense of what is right.

DJP

I did not go to school to do what I do. I did work in Property Management as a Maintenance Engineer (Maintenance Man) which led to managing Maintenance Persons, maids, painters, plumbers, HVAC Techs, and carpenters which then led to opening my own service and remodeling company. My point is that the way to learn to design, at least from my viewpoint is to do it, then evaluate what you have done in the software, show it to your wife and friends and see their reactions. You will never quickly develop your own ability until you exercise it and have it critiqued by others. So get started!! You do not need anyone else's permission to create, just create! You can study floor plans created by others as examples and inspirations. There scads of those that you can access online for free.

DJP