Example Price List?

LakeTravis

I have a floor plan and decided to see if I could get an estimate of the material cost.  When I bring up the material list, all the items have a 0 price.  I understand that there ae a lot of variables to price and probably no estimates would be 100% accurate.  But I was hoping that there would be an initial price list already entered and I could get an estimate +/- probably 80-100% but still, I'd like to have some idea.   Is there such a download of sample prices or must I go through and try to estimate each item myself.

Thanks all, but not particularly helpful.  I've read the reference manual.  And that wasn't particularly helpful either.  I get it, I can export the material list to a text file, and import it into excel.  Yes, presumably there are third party estimation software but there's no recommendations.  So, although it's possible, it's beyond the scope of this forum.  So, I'll just leave it there.

7 minutes ago, Rookie65 said:

Are you expecting the program to come with material prices in it?

Yeah, Just for ballpark.  It would be great to click a button and the tool comes back and says, "blah blah, these prices are simply estimates and may not reflect the actual costs you may find from your suppliers.  These estimates do not include labor and other costs which can run anywhere from 40% to 100% more, blah blah".  I just want a guess-timate.

You do realize the program is sold globally? There is no possible way Chief Architect could have a way to include priced materials that would make sense to anyone. Lumber prices alone vary widely from coast to coast, never mind between 2 yards in the same town! Never mind the fact that the prices would be useless from the time it was shipped from the factory until the time you installed the program.

Best advice is be diligent how you frame your plan and then send the program generated materials list to a local materials dealer to price. That's the only way you'll get anything worth trying to use.

3 minutes ago, Rookie65 said:

You do realize the program is sold globally? There is no possible way Chief Architect could have a way to include priced materials that would make sense to anyone. Lumber prices alone vary widely from coast to coast, never mind between 2 yards in the same town! Never mind the fact that the prices would be useless from the time it was shipped from the factory until the time you installed the program.

Best advice is be diligent how you frame your plan and then send the program generated materials list to a local materials dealer to price. That's the only way you'll get anything worth trying to use.

I understand, but getting a dealer to price stuff means we are closer to building it than we actually are.  Instead I'm just going through google and picking a high end price for estimates per square foot of slab, framing, etc. etc.  Surely my estimate this way a) is a lot of work, b) is probably less accurate than a default price list.  Maybe Home Designer could have sample price lists for country or region.  I don't know.  But I get it.  It doesn't do it.  And if I'm really curious, I can try to estimate it myself.  I was just making sure that I wasn't missing something like, "oh, just download this file from the chiefarchitect site.  Thanks everyone.