Rotate entire Plan (all floors)

LakeTravis

I have a plan that I had started out with a survey/plot plan.  I added the first floor and rotated it so that it was situated on the plot plan in the right place.  I was able to build up the entire house with the house at an angle from the perspective of the screen.  But I want to print this plan now.  So I want the floors to be horizontal to the screen.  I am having the hardest time doing this.  I am able to rotate a floor and can even rotate the entire plot plan but I can only do it a floor at a time.  And when I try to rotate the second floor, I just can't get things aligned right.  The roof's not aligned, the slab's not aligned etc.  Doing web searches implies that there is a rotate all floors option but that has got to be a different version of home designer.  Is there anyway to do what I want?  

I've updated my signature.  I've searched all the available places.  I'm very good at searching the web for answers and usually answer all my questions that way.  There is one post I saw somewhere that said, try not to do what I've done (that is, created a house plan that was not horizontal).  I know that now.  So my question is, can I make it horizontal or do I have to start over.  I've attached my first floor screen shot.  The question is, how can I rotate this entire thing (all floors, terrain, slab, etc.) about 45 degrees clockwise?

I can rotate the floor easy enough with either a select all and dragging the rotate marker, or by selecting edit area and also dragging the rotate marker but that only rotates the first floor.  There is no 'edit all floors' as some posts discuss.  Once rotating the first floor, it's pretty much impossible to line up other floors.

RIch

ScreenShotHD.png

The problem is that you rotated the structure when the common practice is to rotate the plot plan, terrain plane, etc leaving the structure where and as it was intended to be in the native "North-South" of your PC/Mac screen. This causes wall angles to be off pre-programmed allowed angles and as you have seen makes further unnecessary rotating of the structure problematic. You NEVER rotate the structure, always the terrain, features, elevation data, etc. That can be rotated relative to the structure.

DJP

BTW: The "Edit Area - All Floors" command is not offered in Architectura as a choice. It does exist in Chief Architect Premier and Home Designer Pro under the "Edit Menu", that is why you could not find it because it does not exist in your software version.

DJP

Thanks David.  And I understand that.  I am new to this and I now have what I have.  I am trying to figure out whether I can fix what I have or whether I need to reenter it.  I believe I probably have to reenter it.  But I'm looking for confirmation.

I see you are from Austin.  So am I.  I also see you are a teacher/tutor.  I'll send you email