Problem from legacy plan

Dragonscar

Several years ago I upgraded to Architectural Home Designer from an old Broderbund product.  I brought drawings from that old product over and have consistently run into odd errors, most of which have disappeared over various upgrades.  However, there is one error message that persists:

c:\p4sync\dev\releases\21.2\chief\camodel\cabinet\cabinet.cpp(1394): Warning #272003803

"A zero width cabinet has had its width changed to one inch (2.5 cm)."

7/18/2019 1:10:37 PM

Build: 21.2.0.48x64

No matter what I do, I cannot find that damn cabinet to delete it from the plan.  There seems to be no way to locate it, and I'm tired of getting this message every time I open the plan.  To try to start over from scratch on this 4500 sf home would be a chore of mammoth proportions, especially as I need it to develop renovation plans in several areas.

There is no such directory on my C: drive as p4sync.  There is no file on the drive called cabinet.cpp.  Any suggestions as to where or how I might find that damned cabinet?

Thank you so much!

Have you tried selecting and then deleting all the cabinets?

It should be obvious which ones to put back.

Select all cabinets, Cut and Paste into a new plan. Select the good ones and put them back (paste hold position?).

Legacy plan files are by default problematic, especially in terms of materials and symbols, due to the changing programming of those objects from version to version. The first thing I do when opening and working on a legacy plan is to start from scratch in "Edit - Default Settings" all categories and reassign materials to materials in my Library Browser, replacing older symbols with ones from my Library Browser. It takes a few minutes to do thoroughly but will have to be done sooner or later with old plans. It is what it is.

DJP

• 3 years later...

I know this is old but, for what it's worth, I've been dealing with the same error for years.  I called support and asked if they could improve the error system to actually show where the error is - but this was 4 versions ago and I've seen no changes.  It still bugs me that even with plan check, you can't really find the location of the problem easily.  You have to show the whole plan and then the little error circle is almost invisible and it disappears if you "hold" the checks.  In any case, that's a separate issue because this zero width cabinet error is not included in the plan check errors.  It's something else (probably a conversion problem as you said).

I'd really like to see the addition of a "Errors List" for each floor - and then simply create an Errors CAD layer that shows the "error circles" for the errors.  Allow us to customize the circle's display properties and also to check/uncheck items in the errors list to determine which ones are displayed on the special Errors layer at the moment so we can zero in.  Then we could see and find all errors in a plan with ease.  I really don't have a clue how many users actually run into errors or use plan check but I suspect it's not many and that explains why improvements to the errors system are cut from the project list -- there are more important things to do.

BTW, the .cpp file will not be on your system as it's a C++ (programming language) source file.  The number in parentheses is the line number in the source code file that logged this error.  The .cpp file is compiled into the .exe we run and is not released.