Online Training Videos, no sound

TennScott

Running HD Pro 2015, been away from the program for some time.  Since last used the videos, I upgraded to Win 10.  I was trying to get reacquainted with the software and thought I would watch the online videos.  They play fine, but with no audio.  I have checked all of the locations I know to adjust volumes and mute settings, but nothing seems to work.  I can watch and listen to YouTube, CD's, DVD's system sounds and other video, but the Home Designer videos remain silent.  I contacted CA technical service and I received a link to the videos, but when I play from that link, the videos remain silent. 

I have gone through the windows settings and everything seems to be set properly.  While I watch a video, the master sound bar moves and indicates there is output, but something is not allowing the sound to get to the speakers. 

Has anyone experience this problem in the past?

2 hours ago, TennScott said:

Has anyone experience this problem in the past?

No, it is probably something on your PC. Do you have a laptop or a desktop PC or 
Mac?

As Eric said, try another browser, they are free. Check your sound settings and hardware.

DJP

David,

Its a desktop running Win 10.  The audio does not work in either Chrome or IE, so yes, it;'s a setting somewhere in Windows.  I do know that the training videos on the CA website run using Adobe Flash.  I did not have flash installed, so I installed it, still no luck in either browser.  I may try reinstalling the Realtec audio drivers.  I did get the audio to work on the TV, so I guess I can always go into the living room to watch.  I just upgraded to HD Pro 2020 to start working on a new house.

Thanks, TennScott

• 8 months later...

I just downloaded the program onto my macbook pro and the videos will play but i dont have any audio. have checked and computer sound is all the way up. I am not techy either so lost on how to fix this. 

9 minutes ago, mrmays said:

so lost on how to fix this. 

Do you get audio on other videos? YouTube, for example.

Have you tried another browser? I'm not familiar with Mac, but believe Safari is the default. Check to see if a Chrome version is available.

I just downloaded the program onto my macbook pro and the videos will play but i dont have any audio. have checked and computer sound is all the way up. I am not techy either so lost on how to fix this.