Missing open wall detail edit button to manually edit wall framing

jhayes90

I am using home designer pro 2020

I want to manually edit wall framing in 2 D mode. My understanding is that I need to: 1. build framing, 2. ensure display layers are set correctly 3. select the wall I want to edit 4. click the "Open Wall Detail" button to get a 2 D view to edit. 

My problem is there is no open wall detail button. I am sure I am missing something simple, but I cannot figure it out. It is driving me crazy.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Feature comparison says I can edit walls in 2d and 3d in both CA and HDP. BUT upon further examination I can only edit wall framing in CA. So I guess HDP does not allow you to do this very useful feature. Thanks for the tip on signature line.

Thank DJP. 

I know I can draw a wall manually, but I was hoping to get a 2D version directly from the design plan. Do you know of any tips/tricks to get a 2 d version of the wall to start with from design?

In Premier you have a built-in "Wall Detail Tool" that does exactly what you wish, wall by wall. In HD Pro, you do not, what you have is the ability to turn off layers manually until you get just the camera view you wish. In the case of wall framing, you can directly add and subtract framing of any kind in Pro or Premier, as I said, it is a time saver to have the "Wall Detail" view tool, annotation sets and layer sets which do not exist in HD Pro, sorry.

DJP