Accent tile in a large tile shower

Elliot

Good evening

I am new to this forum. I just began to use Home Designer Architectural 2020 a few days ago and I have attached a couple of 3D views of my first bathroom. I absolutely love this program and I find it very intuitive. But I have decades of CAD experience, mostly with DataCad.  More recently with a 3D program similar to Home Designer Architectural but this one is light years ahead of what I have used before. I have already dazzled my client with a quick 3D of their bathroom. 

But I am stuck on trying to create an accent tile within the tile shower. I have drawn as you can see, a niche in the side wall, 4" deep and lined with a mosaic tile like I would use. And then I drew another vertical niche around the shower mixer  and showerhead. But this time I made the depth zero (and it set it as 1/16" ) so it accomplished the accent panel as desired. So I was able to put the same mosaic in this accent. But I cannot get it to draw an accent panel in a horizontal configuration all around the shower. When I do create a niche with a zero depth it won't go corner to corner.  I know I can draw a box in CAD but that only applies in 2d and will not translate into 3D. So I am looking for suggestions. 

thanks so much

Elliot 

Gesang Remodeling

Graham Washington

Home Designer Architectural 2020

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 

Howard 8215 master bath4.pdf

Howard 8215 master bath5.pdf

• Like 1

In Architectural you have a couple of avenues to try. One is using soffit objects, resized to emulate the effect you wish. You can assign any material to them you wish. Another method is a custom tool found under "Cabinet Tools" called "Custom Backsplash" tool, while in an elevation camera you can use this tool to easily add the accent tile strips overlaying already assigned tile underneath, take a look!

DJP

• Like 1

David

thanks for the quick reply. I tried the custom backsplash. Piece of cake.  Just what I needed. we do a lot of very custom and detailed tile work and this will help me a lot.  

Elliot