Additional Room Types

jlliles87

A friend of mine downloaded Pro 2020 a couple weeks ago and I noticed there were several more room types than my software (clearly remember a Bonus Room option). I upgraded to 2020 from 2019 but did not get any additional room types. Any clue how one version has them but mine doesn't?

Good chance they may have renamed some. Go to default settings>floors & rooms>room types then edit. You can change names of rooms you don't usually use to rooms you would like to have. Or you can leave those alone and when you are drawing your plan, define it as a default room, then change the particular name from the default..

3 hours ago, jlliles87 said:

I noticed there were several more room types than my software (clearly remember a Bonus Room option).

Where did you see the new room types?

Bonus Room is not an out of the box room type in any Chief or Home Designer product. Chief has the ability to define new room types -- Home Designer does not.

Do you understand the difference between Room Types and Room Names? 

Create a new plan in Pro 2020, select default style and you get room types including bonus, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and others.  Select another style under the home style templates such as colonial and  I don't see the "new' room types.

After doing some further digging, I don't see any way to ADD room types to a current template (plan).  You can rename or edit current room types, you just can't add additional ones as you can with Premier.   I think maybe these additional new room types may have been meant to be added to the current templates (beyond the default one) but for some reason were not.  The documentation for 2020 does not list the new room types which contributes to my thought in the last sentence.

I don't see the "new" room types under the default style in Pro 2019.

• Like 1

Are you using a custom template? Are you opening existing plans and making changes?

Room types are stored in your template file and will be available when that template is used as swarren showed above.

Yep looks like swarren is right. Using starting a new plan under the default template. I had been using a custom template for a few years so time start a new template using the 2020 default plan I guess. Thanks!