How to make a full height pullout cabinet ("pharmacist's cabinet") ?

Paladine

All right, fairly new user here so apologies if I ask stupid questions :)

My problem is that I cannot figure out, how to make full height pullout cabinet that has one big drawer door with many wire baskets attached to it. There's language barrier here, as I am not sure what is this cabin called in english (see the picture)...

In Finnish it would be "pharmacist's cabinet" but I cannot find anything in Home Designer catalogs with that search phrase (or with anything else I tried).

Anyway, I am planning to add one in my kitchen that I am now modelling. It's easy to create a cabinet with multiple drawers but I want only one tall and thin drawer with many open shelves behind that. Is that possible to create somehow in Home Designer?

apteekki.jpg

Roll out pantry, yes, that's it :)

Yeah, I couldn't figure it out how to make one in Home Designer, but thought that it's just because I don't know all the fine tricks yet. And yes, I would like to show it open as it would be easier to show my plans to my better half if she can see it open / closed. And, because all other kitchen cabins can be opened and closed, I thought if I could somehow create realistic roll out pantry as well...

For now I have created a simple full height cabinet with 5 drawers, and I guess that has to do then. Maybe this kind of cabinet will be added in Home Designer later, or at least some way to create one :)

• 3 weeks later...

I created three pullout pantries next to each other.  In one, I showed it open with food.  In the next I showed it open without food, and in the last one I showed it closed.  The only issue I have is that if I try to use the one with food and then close the drawer, the food doesn’t go with the drawer and just “floats” outside the cabinet.  I don't know if this helps.

Pullout pantries.jpg

11 minutes ago, TominOhio said:

I created three pullout pantries next to each other.  In one, I showed it open with food.  In the next I showed it open without food, and in the last one I showed it closed.  The only issue I have is that if I try to use the one with food and then close the drawer, the food doesn’t go with the drawer and just “floats” outside the cabinet.  I don't know if this helps.

Pullout pantries.jpg

That looks great! How did you manage to do that? For me it would be enough to see it open but empty (and close it as well), as I can always imagine it full :D 

I created a single base cabinet 12” wide, 24” deep, and 78” high in the General panel of the Base Cabinet Specification.  I removed the countertop (by setting the countertop thickness to 0”).  This created a tall cabinet with a door and a drawer on top.  In the cabinet preview panel (the window on the right that shows what the cabinet would look like, I selected the toe kick.  This activated the Front panel and allowed me to remove it by setting the Item Height to 0”.  I selected and deleted the drawer.  I selected the tall door and changed it to a drawer.

With the drawer still selected, I clicked on Specify under the Appliance/Door/Drawer option.  This opened up a Drawer Face Item Specification window.  At the bottom of that window is an option for Style.  I clicked on the dropdown menu and selected library.  In the library, I went to Home Designer Core Catalogs\Interiors\Furniture\Storage Furniture\Shelving\ Utility Racks\Utility Shelf (tall).  I then selected the tall utility shelf in the panel on the right and clicked on OK.  Then I clicked on OK in the Drawer Face Item Specification window.  If you select that cabinet and open the drawer, it will appear to have the wire shelf.

In the Door/Drawer window, I changed the drawer type to a slab drawer and selected Pull (horizontal) as the drawer handle type to more closely resemble your photo.

• Like 1

TominOhio, Thank you a lot for detailed instructions!

In fact, I had already figured out everything else except replacing standard drawer for something out of library! It amazed me how this was possible with Home Designer, because that Utility Shelf (tall) is about 52,5cm wide if I remember right, AND it's a free standing object, and my rollout pantry is only 30cm wide, but the software made it fit there just fine!

rolloutpantry.thumb.jpg.878c11e5cde6e3e19bfd6391a80c02d9.jpg