Multiple layout sheets in one file?

hankdood

Is it possible to create all my layout documents in one go or do I need to save one and open a new one and manually change the page number? For instance, I want a floorpan layout and a site plan layout for the same project. 

Edit: I have gone through all the tutorial videos. I have not gone through the User Manual. I'll do that now.

• 3 months later...

Seems like something the Pro version should have included.  Multiple layout sheet capability does not justify going from $500 to $3,000 so I, like everyone else, will suffer through creating / saving 1 sheet at a time. Grrrr!!!

• 1 year later...

Only one layout sheet available in HD Pro2021.  I only just realised this " Fault " . You would reckon the software could have included a few " extra " layout pages, for a whole house.    I'm not sure if this has been highlited in the sales promo area and NON of the videos mention this ..   Yes I also have Chief Premier...

I purchased HDPro2021 for my Grandson ( 11 years old ) as he wants to be an Architect.

David Potter.  Any chance you could produce a video on creating multiple layout sheets for one project, showing floor plans, elevations, sections, etc.

I assume you need to create /  save each layout. cheers mate

• 2 weeks later...

This turns out to be one of the biggest cripples to force an upgrade. I really do not approve of a limit to use a feature like this but it is and I might have refunded if I realized a few days ago. I am at 35 days now. It took me this long to understand this software cripple. I can't fault any software developer for doing something to get paid especially with all the cracks and such. I will develop a workaround to make printing reasonable. I just really hate that such a vital function is purposely made hard. Seems like they decided to make drawing functional but printing almost as bad as the trial software.

I guess for now I will export jpg's formatted as I need like arch D and save them in a directory for later print once all sheets are assembled but this seems rather mickey mouse and I take this software serious, am I not supposed too? I guess I can always go back to Revit if this crippling shows up in other vital areas as I learn it more.

You can have as many layout sheets as you wish per design, but you can only have one layout sheet open at any one time.

Mario_Rapinett states above, you create each layout page, one at a time with whatever views and information you wish to have located upon it. Then name it and save it. Open a new layout page, name it and place info upon it.

Once you have all of the layout pages for your plan created, send them to PDFs one at a time, and you are done.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...