Half-Wall Height

Help4Doug

• 2 months later...

How can I get past the railing height limit. I want to build a wall that is part of my outside patio that is 5 meters high but when I set the height under Newels/Balusters, since I made the wall a solid railing, it always jumps back to 3.2 meters and won't let me go higher than that.

Hi Eric,

First let me say thanks for helping me with this on a Sunday. Second so since I define this a room type of "Porch" I can imagine it to be a room and then use the "structure" section to change the ceiling dimension? I if so how would I deal with the fact that the pergola is at an angle and one site is at 4 meters high and the other side is at 3 meter high

This is a room without a roof or ceiling, but the ceiling height raised.

ht1.thumb.png.107e8be612f75bcce9e55f0f1ae3b9ec.png

I drew in a ceiling plane that I removed the ceiling surface from, so that only the framing shows. This might form the basis of your pergola. With Pro, you can edit, move etc these framing members.

With Pro I believe you can select a wall and grab the top or bottom handle and drag the top or bottom up or down. I don't recommend this as it can have unwanted side effects.

ht2.thumb.png.b68b21d549812a690cd97ed12e193a1d.png

• Like 1