Foundation Elevation and Foundation Vents

RScottG

Two quick questions....in HDP 2020 can you:

- Build a foundation that has a footing that slopes from one corner of the building to another where the terrain is lower?  In other words, a sloping footing with the top of the foundation wall maintaining a constant elevation?

- It is common practice to add vents to a crawlspace.  Those vents are typically "notches" in the foundation.  Suggestions on adding these notches would be appreciated.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, RScottG said:

Build a foundation that has a footing that slopes from one corner of the building to another

Not automatically. 

8 minutes ago, RScottG said:

Suggestions on adding these notches would be appreciated.

Pass-Through or similar.

You could also break the foundation wall and pull the top down.

I wouldn't expect that the system would be able to automatically set the foundation elevations automatically aa those are terrain dependent, but I can't seem to find a way to edit the foundations or the stem walls manually.  I tried cutting a cross-section and editing, but no luck...can't select the elements.  I suspect that HDP wouldn't be able to do that even if I had a DTM loaded.

Thanks....I did find a "window niche" which almost fits the need....only challenge is that I can't set its depth to the same as the stem wall....it will only do 7 13/16" on an 8" stemware.

8 minutes ago, RScottG said:

I did find a "window niche" which almost fits the need.

A niche has a back. Use the Pass-through to make an opening.

ht1.thumb.png.a0caa5300368ebd1170c8fcd95d9cfd2.png

Build foundation, elevation view, select wall, reshape ...

I like your idea on breaking the wall....I did that and selected the "small" intermediary wall to lower the top.  After opening the object the it indicates that the wall height is set by default and greyed out.  Also, I notice when working on level 0, after breaking the foundation wall and opening the small wall, that after I close the dialogue the small wall seems to go away.  Open to thoughts...

14 minutes ago, RScottG said:

Also, I notice when working on level 0, after breaking the foundation wall and opening the small wall, that after I close the dialogue the small wall seems to go away.  Open to thoughts...

Don't open the small wall -- just drag the top down.

ht1.thumb.png.5313db91d58edee3d3241d02694eba0e.png

When like walls merge, and they often do, try reversing one of the walls. Works for walls that are alike both sides, but also as a temporary fix. Reverse, make a change, reverse back.