Material Reflectivity?

Timeless_16

Does anyone have a guide of sorts as to making items such as stainless steel appliances and fixtures have more of a relection. 

Also items like the countertop (when material is more of a reflective stone).

Adjusted materials and lighting with little to no luck. 

This image was from a test, yes, I realize windows may help. But was using this test kitchen as a sandbox to try to adjust materials.

FB_IMG_1555899146816.jpg

Hi Timeless 16,

The program I use (just got it a few days ago) called twinmotion. please do a google search for that program as I am not certain if you can mention other companies websites on this forum. It is by epic games and uses the unreal engine and epic games has released it for free (all you need to do is sign up for an account and select download from the website. enclosed is a picture that was done with twinmotion in about an hour worth of working with the software. What you have to do is import your design through sketchup and save your design as a sketchup  file then import your design into twinmotion. There is videos on youtube just lookup twinmotion for help.

I think that it does a nice job rendering. I hope that you think so too.

I hope that this helps you.

Dominic

kitchentwmn2.png

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi Dominic,

How are you importing into Sketchup? I can't seem to get it to upload, I keep getting an import error... 

I posted this on the Chief Architect Facebook group.

"I know this has been brought up before, but I am curious about this even more now since I figured something out this morning.

I learned by searching and also attempting it. I was able to export via the .Collada file (the only form of file export that HD Pro 2020 does. I read on a forum that you could import to Blender to save as a .Collada file (which ironically, from the Blender export, Sketchup uploads the .Collada file seamlessly with no issues except it doesn't keep the materials (colors and textures).

I guess where I am stumped is why really small files (very small single rooms) from Home Designer Pro 2020 will load into Sketchup and can be rendered using Podium, yet, once the room gets bigger than a 10x12 and has more than 10 or so objects, cabinets, etc, it won't load - it "import fails". Then exporting to Blender and saving in the EXACT same file type, .collada - minus the colors and texture, it imports into Sketchup and can have textures and color added back in, then rendered.

Just wondering if it's a software limitation, something in the file, texture/color or something else causing the issue. I have been using the PBR in HD PRO 2020 with really decent results but.... Was wanting to try rendering in Podium to see what results I could get. I have Sim Lab composer but Podium still seems to the be the easiest rendering option. Can't afford Lumion or other at this point, so just trying to figure out other options."

As in that post, I can only get Home Designer Pro 2020 to export the .dae file to Blender without issue, however, when I do it, I get the model but the textures are totally gone and missing... 

Can you post how you did it in screenshots, I know that's asking a lot, I know several people that don't have an issue, but one of my really good friends who's become a mentor, told me he has issues and it doesn't work for him, so just curious if there is a way of doing it or if your file sizes are small enough, etc... 

Thanks, Zac.

Side Note: Below is my latest render within, HD Pro 2020.

test.jpg

• Like 1

Hi timeless 16,

Your rendering that you did in hdp 2020 looks very good. Look in youtube for twinmotion and those videos will help you out. Sketchup requires that when importing files bigger than 5 megabytes in size I believe it has trouble with files bigger than that when importing into sketchup. Some files have that trouble not all of them.

Best,

Dominic