Old Chief Architect plan edit or reference in HD Interior

AndrewEW

I have an old CA plan. I'm not even sure how old in terms of the version that created it.

Anyway, HD Interior does all I need.

I'm am aware and comfortable with the "no edit" from other versions. However, unlike say a DXF, I can't use the old plan as a reference file and "draw over it"

I want to add a lighting\electrical layout over the floor plan.

Rather than fully redraw the plan (not keen) what are my options?

Do I download a "trial" version and down convert my plan or export to DXF? If so what's the best version to use? Will any "Pro" product do the job?

regards

Andrew

Andrew,

What you need to do is open the old plan Go to > Edit >Default Settings > Plan > General Settings > Allow Editing.  

If you have trouble with that in the search area go to REF #00516. 

Hope this helps.

Chris

The only currently extant version of Chief Architect that allows one to open and save earlier versions of Chief and Home Designer ".plan" files for use is currently Chief Architect Version X8 Trial Version which can be requested and downloaded from the Chief Architect website. This is a possible option depending upon what version of Home Designer Interiors you have. Chief and Home Designer ".plan" files Must Match in version number or year to be freely opened and edited in Home Designer software:

HD 2020 is compatible ONLY with Chief Architect X11

HD 2019 is compatible ONLY with Chief Architect X10

HD 2018 is compatible ONLY with Chief Architect X9

HD 2017 is compatible ONLY with Chief Architect X8 and so on.

I have Chief Architect Premier versions back to old version 7 (2000 AD) and can probably help you convert the old chief file for use in Home Designer but I must know what version you have to make sure I can convert the Chief file to the proper version of Home Designer Interiors that you have.

DJP

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies.

My idea of using a trial version fell through and consequently your correct suggestions. The "save" and "save as" functions are disabled. 

David my version of HD Interiors is in my post signature.

Home Designer Interiors 2018

Build: 19.3.0.49x64

I have attached the plan file in question. If you are able to provide a HDI 2018 compatible file I'd appreciate it.

regards

Andrew

House.plan After reject.plan7 LH Stairs converted.plan

Edited by AndrewEW
typo