Material List - Insulation in 6" Exterior Walls with 24" Studs OC

RScottG

When I pull a material list from the project, the exterior walls show Batt Insulation that is 6x16x93" but the wall stud spacing is 24".  How do I get the report to reflect the correct stud spacing on the exterior walls?

Thanks for the advice and thoughts.  I did the manual change, but it didn't update the insulation size.  I'm also trying to figure out how to insulate an interior wall...such as a sound room or bathroom....advice welcome!

29 minutes ago, RScottG said:

I did the manual change, but it didn't update the insulation size.

Did you build the framing too -- checkbox just above. 

And generate a new materials list.

34 minutes ago, RScottG said:

I'm also trying to figure out how to insulate an interior wall.

Not sure you can in Pro.

As information, I did find a material that's called "Insulation with Studs"....so I defined a new wall, tried it out and the materials list doesn't apply appropriately.  I sense that "Insulation" is an area of weakness in HDP.

Well, not quite.  If you change the toggle in the framing/wall dialogue to stud spacing at 24", then it applies it to all walls, exterior and interior.  Unfortunately, the interior walls are set to 16" studs and exterior should be 24".  I did what you did and it changed all the stud spacing (interior/exterior) to 24".

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 8:43 PM, RScottG said:

Well, not quite.  If you change the toggle in the framing/wall dialogue to stud spacing at 24", then it applies it to all walls, exterior and interior.  Unfortunately, the interior walls are set to 16" studs and exterior should be 24".  I did what you did and it changed all the stud spacing (interior/exterior) to 24".

Try to change both to 22'', and it would be better choice.

I had almost the same situation.