Wall tiling

maestro807

I just bought the Home Design Suite program and I'm trying to use it to do some accents on a wall.  I can't figure out if the program isn't capable of performing this or if I just haven't figured out how to do it correctly. I thought using break wall or invisible wall function might work but still can't get it to work.  Can anyone tell me if it is possible with this version of HD or do I need to upgrade to a more robust program?

thanks in advance

Maestro807

With Home Designer Suite you can open a single wall's specification dialog- go to its Materials Tab and set that single wall's interior material to something other than its default. That works for that single wall, floor to ceiling.

You can change the interior (or exterior) material of a room's walls from the Room Specification Dialog-Materials Tab which then effects all walls of that room.

Architectural and Home Deigner Pro have an additional tab in both the Room Dialog and Wall Dialogs for "Wall Coverings" wich alows you to color specific horizontal strips of differing materials on a single wall or all the walls of a room. Suite does not have this feature.

You mentioned using the "Wall Break Tool" and yes that would allow you to change the material settings of each vertical wall segment thus made by way of its individual wall dialog box allowing only vertical strips of differing materials assignment.

Another way to overlay one material on a wall is to use the soffit tool (cabinet tools) creating 1/16" thick segments and then placing them on the surface of a wall. The soffit object will carry any material assigned to it and they can be resized vertically or horizontally.

To find out about the full capabilities of your software you should carefully and methodically read your Reference Manual (found under the "Help" menu of your software), in that document is explained in detail all of the tools and procedures that your software is capable of. Read a little in it and then practice what you learned by opening your software to prove that you now actually understand what you read. Such a process will take you where you want to go quickly.

DJP

.....You mentioned using the "Wall Bread Tool" and yes that would allow you to change the material settings of each vertical wall segment thus made by way of its individual wall dialog box allowing only vertical strips of differing materials assignment.

That tool is especially well suited for the Hansel & Gretel remodel job. :huh:  :)  ;)