Layout Template

MississippiMims

I'm creating a 24" x 36" layout and when I changed the paper size the graphics did not change with it.  I have already resized the graphics to match the paper size and would now like to save that as a template to have the next time I need to use this paper size.  I searched the Knowledge Base and found a tutorial that said to go to File - Templates - something.  I'm using Home Designer Pro '19 and there is no "template" option under the file tab.  Any suggestions?

18 minutes ago, MississippiMims said:

I searched the Knowledge Base and found a tutorial that said to go to File - Templates - something.  I'm using Home Designer Pro '19 and there is no "template" option under the file tab.

Make sure you are searching the Home Designer KB and not the one for Chief Architect.

22 minutes ago, MississippiMims said:

now like to save that as a template to have the next time I need to use this paper size. 

ht1.thumb.png.135f729a31fcc94f9b89a93e276291d2.png

Profile.layout is the default layout file.

You can save anywhere (I think), but I'd save in the default directory. 

Open file -- change to Layout and select the one you want.

ht2.thumb.png.8532090052e47c9178fea7a4dc72806e.png

With Pro, the largest sheet it can save in a layout is 18"x24". What I do in that case if the plan is too big for 18x24 paper is send it to layout on 11x17 paper in 1/8" scale. Yet I will have my title block say "1/4"=1'-0" as the scale. When I send it to be printed, I have them double the print size and have it printed on 24x36 paper. DO NOT let them "fit to page" or it will mess up the scaling. This way you have a 22 x 34 correctly scaled drawing on 24x36 paper. Hope this helps?

It wasn't a total waste of time if something was learned from it.

The only "template" I keep is a master plan saved with the defaults I like (font, door style, window sizes, siding, dimensions, etc.) so I don't have to reset them for every project. Then I save each new project with its own name and then change any particular defaults needed for that project only. That's why I feel bad when I see people post about saving a template of a particular house style, then realizing they want to change it after. We all have our own styles and depending on if you're using the program for business, or a weekend warrior, we all find what works best for us.