importing .dwg file - furniture

Donco15

Hi guys

I have a ,dwg file from a mfr of a piece of furniture that I want to use in my plan 

I tried importing it and it worked - yay.. but it is massive.. totally crazy.. 

I tried with the file both ways  

1) as a 3d file

2) with file assistant wizard...

Question:  Are there certain types of files that cant be used in HDPRO 2020 even through they are .dwg files - 2D and 3D versions..

I included the 2d  and 3Dversion of the file to see if this is doable in HDPRO 2020 

Note: I have used files from 3D warehouse before with no problems..

This one is from the mfr.. so that it can be used in designs 

Thanks for your feedback.

There may be something that I need to do to the file in a setting.. 

Thanks again.

D-

When I imported your 3D file, I used "Inches" as its unit (the default setting for "Unit")  and I then get this building-sized couch (probably like you did). See image:

Therefore, the unit for this object is not "Inches" but something else. With free symbols, whatever the source it is incumbent on only you for how it is imported, as you have seen.

DJP

Image1.jpg

• THANKS DAVID... I WAS AFRAID OF THAT... AT LEAST I KNOW THAT IT WAS NOT ME BUT RATHER THE IMAGE FILE ITSELF...
  • WHEN I SAW THE BUILDING SIZE IMAGE.., I WAS WONDERING WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG TO THE FILE... 
  • I SINCERELY APPRECIATE YOU TRYING TO OPEN THE FILE..
  • D-

DAVID

THIS JUST IN..

THE FILE OPENS IN CA10 - I TOOK A LONG  SHOT AND TRIED IT..

I HAVE THE TRIAL VERSION - JUST TO SEE IF IT WORKED

I WONDER WHY IT WILL NOT OPEN IN HDPRO - I KNOW THAT I HAVE USED DWG FILES FROM THE 3D WAREHOUSE

I GUESS THAT IS ANOTHER REASON WHY CA IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN HDPRO..   CA11 CAN OPEN DWG FILES ALWAYS AND HDPRO 2020 ONLY SOMETIMES...

ANOTHER GREAT SELLING FEATURE FOR CA 11 PREMIER AND INTERIORS

GREAT NEWS.... I LOVE CHIEF ARCHITECT BECAUSE IT AUTOMATICALLY DOES THINGS THAT HDPRO DOES NOT DO.

THE FILE WORKS IN HDPRO 2020 BUT YOU MUST CHECK CONSTRAIN THE MEASUREMENTS...  

THIS IS AUTOMATIC IN CHIEF ARCHITECT ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER GREAT FEATURES..

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP..

OMG..  I LOVE THIS IMAGE AND WANT TO USE IT IN MY PROJECT..

I JUST HAD TO TRY CA 11 BEFORE I GAVE UP...

I LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING THE FULL VERSION ONE DAY.. HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR.. 

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY LITTLE HDPRO 2020.. IT IS A LITTLE POWERHOUSE THAT KEEPS ON GIVING ME SURPRISES WITH THE NEW VERSION.. :)

All that is required in whatever version is for you to find out the actual dimensions of an intended symbol to gauge against your actual import of the symbol when you use the wrong unit setting (there are many to choose from during import-take a look please).

I imported and added it to my Library, adjusted its "Unit" to "mm" and it came out slightly over 8 feet long (seems about right to me but this can be verified at the manufacturer website).

X11 DID NOT AUTOMATICALLY SELECT THE RIGHT UNIT (I did that manually as I recommended to you whether you use Pro or something else. The people who get the most out of Chief Architect and Home Designer software are the ones who learn it and make themselves competent with it.

DJP

David

Thanks for trying this out in CA...

I wish that the HDPro 2020 was a little easier to navigate... 

It took me 5 minutes in CA11 to make the pic work.

It me over an hour of trying to make it work in HDPro 2020

This is not the first time that I have learned how to do something in HDPro after tinkering with the trial version of CA11 first.  

I am ever so thankful that the company gives us this opportunity to play around with the trial version...

Now... If they could just figure out away to give the HDPro  more user friendly ...I would be ecstatic..

I would be ecstatic..

Thanks again for all of your help...