Convert foundation to basement?

Timeless_16

Or if the basement floor needs to stay at the same level and it's a walkout due to grade conditions, then use pony walls to make that portion a framed knee wall over the foundation. The "upper half" will be whatever your main exterior wall is in (2x6 framing usually). The bottom will stay as concrete and you determine how high above the floor you want the foundation to end. And if it is because of grade, you'll need to change the stem wall for that area also to get it below the frost line out there.

1 hour ago, Rookie65 said:

Knowing what the circumstance is that it needs to be a walkout basement will help us help you.

If it's because of terrain, maybe this will help https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00718/modeling-a-sloping-terrain-for-a-walk-out-basement.html

It is for a walkout basement but I remember in the 2018 HD Pro, you could check an option if I remember correctly to convert the foundation to a basement.

I might be mistaken.

Usually the foundation is what the walls of the basement are made from. It is still floor "0". Where the grade sits in relation to it is where you decide if there's room to make it a walkout or just a typical basement that usually has access to the outside through a bulkhead.