Soffit and Frieze issues

YankeeBob

212309970_Soffitandfrieze.thumb.JPG.37f498715ab943b90818c7a0e534c2e4.JPG

Ran into a couple of small issues with a small garage plan I'm working on with HD Pro 2020.

First, the picture shows the tails of the soffit blocking as a guess....

Second, I'm trying to show the frieze boards but when I raise them up above the wall height they disappear.  I was raising them as I've raised the roof height since we set the rafters on a plate on top of the ceiling joists rather than on the top of the wall plate.  We normally floor the entire attic space for storage.  Not sure if there is an answer to this issue.....

On the other side of the coin, I like the new 2020 version a lot especially when viewing wall structure!

Bob

Garage 7.plan

Garage 7.plan

1 hour ago, YankeeBob said:

First, the picture shows the tails of the soffit blocking as a guess....

Look at a framing overview -- no need to guess :)

1 hour ago, YankeeBob said:

I'm trying to show the frieze boards

Pro lacks frieze boards. Are you using some other method to create them?

10 hours ago, solver said:

Look at a framing overview -- no need to guess :)

I can see that on the framing view.  Just don't understand why it was created to blow thru the soffit. With automatic framing turned off, I can delete them.  Is it an error on my part,a bug or a feature?:wacko:

10 hours ago, solver said:

Pro lacks frieze boards. Are you using some other method to create them?

I was applying a molding to the exterior wall.  I'm guessing that it is caused by raising the roof rafters to the second floor rather than letting them sit on first floor plates.

I wish I could justify going to X11 but after the latest price increase it just put it out of reach for me for the small projects I do on my own.  Complex projects get farmed out to architects and I create my own designs to get a feel for how everything ties together.  All of the designers/architects that I deal with are still in the 2D world..... sigh... 

20 minutes ago, YankeeBob said:

Is it an error on my part,a bug or a feature?

Probably a bug caused by something you did -- that is, you likely did nothing wrong, just unique, and the program did not handle it correctly.

23 minutes ago, YankeeBob said:

I was applying a molding to the exterior wall.  I'm guessing that it is caused by raising the roof rafters to the second floor rather than letting them sit on first floor plates.

Pro does not have moldings that can be applied directly to walls, unless it's a new feature in 2020.

Are you using a Wall Covering? If so, and you have a 2nd floor, are you applying it to the 2nd floor wall? Wall Coverings apply to a specific wall and won't show if located off that wall.

27 minutes ago, YankeeBob said:

I wish I could justify going to X11 but after the latest price increase it just put it out of reach for me for the small projects I do on my own.

Keep in mind the upgrade discount for going from Pro to Chief. You get to take off the cost of Pro from the cost of Premier.

Upgrade discounts are generally available around December too.

And you can rent to own premier, although this is the most expensive way to buy.

And there is the pre owned market. There is always someone on ChiefTalk selling an unwanted license, although with you already owning Pro and getting the $500 off, it's usually difficult to make this work.