Floor Height

CoachRob14

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a ranch style home- 2 car front facing garage and a deck that is 17' x 8".

Floor 1 height is set at "0".  When entering the house from the back of the garage, I walk up three 6" steps.  Therefore, I want to set the Garage Floor height at -18", to create this level separation.  

Each time I change the garage height to -18", I click back on the living level, and it changed with the garage to -18".  Each time I try and change the living plan back to 0", the garage changes back to 0" with it.  

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY I AM UNABLE TO KEEP THESE AT 2 SEPARATE HEIGHTS?

Go to your default settings under edit. Look at foundation and framing. See if "automatically rebuild" for foundations is checked. There you can also set your default for the garage stem wall which is something you'll want to look at as well. Of course, with Suite I do not know what all of the limitations are on what you can set.

click on automatically build foundations and do not use the monolithic slab. Again, Suite and all of its limitations is not something I am familiar with. You may be able to get better help from someone who has used it.

Okay...

Looks like auto rebuild foundations did the trick!

Thank You.

I am SO FAR AHEAD of where I was 7-10 days ago, where I couldn't draw stairs or even conceptualize a deck, or raising/lowering floor levels.  I think I need to learn to do things in the proper order.  Thank you again.

garage7.PNG

I know this is child's play for you all...

But for me this is pretty good lol.

I have become decent on the interior-  can set up a kitchen, cabinets, countertops, furniture, etc...

NOW-  I need to take the final dreaded step-  start getting into TERRAIN (which scares me lol)

Garage8.PNG

Luckily, this house I am working on currently has a flat yard all the way across.

Here is how smart I am so far- I have a driveway that is now covered in grass-  and the grass covered my deck as well.

smh-  cant wait to figure this one out lol

terrain1.PNG

Well, you have a main floor at 0. What is the depth of the floor framing? Then, how far below is the garage floor? That is what your setting ought to be, plus about an inch so the garage floor is above the grade. Keep in mind the driveway should be above the grade to be visible. So when you add the driveway, make it 1/2" or so and set the depth to a couple of inches.

Think about the relationship of the garage floor, driveway and terrain.

The driveway should be a bit lower than the garage floor, and the terrain should be a bit lower than the driveway.

If your model needs to be different, then you will need to do some things differently.

I understand fully what you are saying.  Floor is 0".  Garage is -18"  Therefore, in order for the driveway to show, grass level has to be below 18".  I just don't know how to isolate just that space of grass to accomplish that..  Will keep trying.  

2 hours ago, CoachRob14 said:

Luckily, this house I am working on currently has a flat yard all the way across.

11 minutes ago, CoachRob14 said:

I just don't know how to isolate just that space of grass to accomplish that..  Will keep trying.  

The simple solution is to drop the terrain -- is there something wrong with doing that?

There is no way that what I just did is legit...

I just went to "create a rectangular feature"-  drew a driveway rectangle- changed the material to asphalt...it LOOKS like a driveway-  

No way this can be correct, can it?

Terrain3.PNG

Hey Guys,

Just got in from Track Practice.

So...I went ahead and took some actual pictures of the house I am trying to replicate...  and then some pictures of where I currently am.  I am pretty pumped up to be honest-  probably amateur hour for you all, but for me, it is a major accomplishment to have as much done as I currently do have, since i have only been messing with Exteriors for about a week.

Would love to hear any and all thoughts!  

3 hours ago, LawB10 said:

upload your plan, please...

Q2.jpeg

Q1.jpeg

Q3.jpeg

Q4.PNG

Q5.PNG

Q6.PNG

Quinnipiac.plan