Room above garage

jrubis

Hi. I need some help in adjusting the attached plan. I want to finish a room above the garage, but I obviously have something screwed up with the structure of the garage. The floor of this room should be level with the 2nd floor of the house, but it's not. The room should have knee walls that are about four feet high on either side and the floor should be level with the floor on the 2nd story of the home. Can some adjust my plan or let me know what I need to do to get it right? 

HomePlan3D.zip

1 minute ago, jrubis said:

The software doesn’t view that space as a room.

That's a problem :)

You need a 2nd floor, you cannot create a room on the A (attic) floor.

Check walls to make sure none have No Room Definition checked.

OK, that worked. Thanks. It turns out the front gable wall was set for "No Room Definition". Knee walls were OK.  How do I break the wall along the roof line of the gable to prevent the interior wall definition from extending out past the gable? See attached pic.

Also is it possible to do a "doll house" view into this room? If I set the view to the second story it just shows the roof. If I set it to the first story it shows the garage.

walls.JPG

I suspect that if you go into the dollhouse view and then go to the tools, display options menu you can just turn off the roof planes, ridge, etc. to see whats under the roof.  I'm fairly new at this so I could be wrong.  This works in my Pro 2020 version but I think it will work for you as well.