Terrain & Finish Floor - Baffling

SeabeeMike

I've read through the knowledge base on both Understanding How the Height of the Floor Relates to the Height of the Terrain & Setting the Height of Terrain yet, things just don't seem to be clear.

The attached JPG shows the actual site contours & plan is to set finish floor at 638. My first thought was since Floor (C) on the structure tab is set at "0" - which would be 638 in real world contours. I set what would be the 640 elevation line at +24" (24" above my intended finish floor at 638). Then I set 636 actual at -24" and 632 actual at -72".  The result had the house too far below grade. Then I thought well, let's set the lowest contour at 0 (632), set 636 to 48", set 640 at 72". Same result. I tried turning the automatic on and off in the Terrain Specification - same result.

I realize the contours will need to be adjusted to adjust around the actual foot print but the initial starting point still should be relative to the world.

What am I missing.

Contours.jpg

Sursum_Corda_Master_Floor_Plan.zip

Thanks to Jo_Ann for reaching out via private message and thanks to David Potter for his vast YouTube references. Easy solution which was just eluding me. All I needed to do was set the finish floor to 60" so it would be relative to the other contour elevations.