Raised Ranch

CoachRob14

Hello Everyone,

For anyone who may have been following along for past 2 or 3 days, may have seen that it literally took me 2 or 3 days worth of questions to wrap my head around how to create a raised ranch entrance way with a split level landing  I really appreciate all of you who took the time to chime in and help me out.   

So I am super excited-  I tried to create a new raised ranch starting from scratch.  It only took me a few hours this time which is a major accomplishment-  I successfully used a "room divider" to create my stairs as a "room", allowing me to drop the height of the floor half way between upper and lower level.  Again, super excited to have accomplished this, and successfully created stairs that reach both levels with the desired amount of treads.

Now, when I use the 3D view from the lower level (see picture below)-  I am still getting the concrete foundation wall to the right-  to avoid this, do I literally have to build an interior wall around the entire inside of the lower level foundation?   What did I do wrong here?  Same with the ceiling-  you will notice the ceiling is not "finished".  

Pumped up- looking forward to finding out the answers to these so I can correct and add to my small but growing repertoire!

Rob

New1.PNG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoachRob14 said:

I am still getting the concrete foundation wall to the right-  to avoid this, do I literally have to build an interior wall around the entire inside of the lower level foundation?

That's how basements are often finished. Build a wall, insulate and drywall.

These houses might be built with the foundation wall to just above grade, then a framed wall would go from there to the start of the 1st floor. In Architectural and Pro, you can use a Pony Wall to do this, in Suite, not so easy.

5 hours ago, solver said:

These houses might be built with the foundation wall to just above grade, then a framed wall would go from there to the start of the 1st floor. In Architectural and Pro, you can use a Pony Wall to do this, in Suite, not so easy.