Full Interior Half Wall Archway with columns like railings

GoalieGuy

Hi Folks, I been using Home Designer intensely for a couple of week and have managed to do almost anything I need but have come to halt trying to solve the best way to recreate a custom archway in my home.  I have tried many options but it almost like having a railing on a half with a full door arch.  So if anyone has tried to do this before  I would be most interested in understanding what combination of wall options you used. 

IMG_1632LearningOn1.jpg

I using the latest home designer 2020 architect.  I have been through lots and lots of self help options but really haven't come across anyone doing this.  Lots of doorway arches, exterior arches and dormers etc.  Maybe this is an architectural block I need to build.  Will turn on the signature options.

Place a doorway. Open the doorway's dialog box. Got to its "Arch" tab to make it have curved sides. Fill in the apparent objects using the Soffit Tool (found under "Cabinet Tools". A lot of custom objects can be located and emulated using Soffits or "Shapes" from the Library Browser. Often times you have to think "creative" to get things done.

DJP