Double Dimensions of Floor Plan

PDSlax

Hi there. I’m trying to create a model of a school building floor plan for a colleague, and I made the mistake of creating it at a scale where one foot in the application is equal to two feet in the actual building. I drew up the initial plan just fine, but when I added windows, doors, etc., things went awry. Is there a way I can either double the size of the existing floor plan or reduce the size of doors, windows, openings, furnishings, and so on? It would be awesome  if there were a way to simply double the size of the  basic layout. 

Any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, PDSlax said:

and I made the mistake of creating it at a scale where one foot in the application is equal to two feet in the actual building.

How did you do that?

The drawing is always 1 to 1, and gets scaled when printed.

15 minutes ago, PDSlax said:

Is there a way I can either double the size of the existing floor plan or reduce the size of doors, windows, openings, furnishings, and so on?

No to both.

I didn't set up the application for that scale; instead I just used that scale informally. That is to say, when my colleague described a room that is 20' by 30', my plan for that room in Home Designer Suite was 10' by 15'. I thought this would give the app less data to manage and reduce the lagginess that happens when the plan gets more and more complex.

In any case, I have simply redrawn the floor plan at a regular 1:1 scale. I wanted to reply to your posts to thank you for writing back to me and to make sure that my signature showed which version of Home Designer I'm using.

Thanks!