Cathedral or Vaulted Ceiling with Flat Center

jlliles87

How do I create a cathedral ceiling with a flat ceiling plane in the center when one of the bearing walls is exterior and the other is interior? I'm also curious how this gets done in a vaulted ceiling application where both bearing walls are interior walls. This is an easy task when both bearing walls are exterior; however I haven't been able to figure it out when one or both bearing walls are interior.

In my first attempt, I used the ceiling plane tool to create a plane with a slope of 0" and then manipulate the height of the room; however, I couldn't get it to attach to the underside of the roof or the ceiling plane bearing on the interior wall so I must've been way off trying to create it that way. 

HOMETALK SAMPLE.plan

ht1.thumb.png.5530bb0f71c170c13330fe6b1f4a3fdf.png

Just think through what you need to do.

I have 2 rooms, one with a raised ceiling -- how would you do that?

Once that's done, what is needed to form the missing ceiling?

Answers depend on the roof -- auto rebuild, or not.

Having similar problems with my existing tri-level home there is a cathedral ceiling (all open and supported by 4 laminated beams) over the kitchen and second floor living areas.

How do I get the software to show these beams and maintain that long sloping roof over this area? If I uncheck the ceiling over the rooms the roof shows up as wildly out of proportion and changes the underlying area as i delete the roof. Hope you can see what I am referencing in the pictures attached to my signature!

Is this roof plane and beam thing beyond the HD Suites capabilities?

1539_B_H_D__3-30-19__9_am.plan