Export Default Settings?

SeabeeMike

Is there a painless way to export default settings from one drawing, as a starting point for a new drawing?

All I can come up with is copying all the information down - then setting it in the new drawing. Or, saving the drawing under a new name, erasing everything and then start the new drawing.

Hi Mike,

I keep a master plan saved w/all of the default settings I want. Then when I start a new job, I just "save as" the name of the new project I am doing. That way the master doesn't change and the new plan has any new/changed settings specific for that job. It helps an awful lot.

27 minutes ago, SeabeeMike said:

Is there a painless way

No, but there is a "right" way to do this:

You go to "File - Open Plan" and then navigate to your "My Documents/Home Designer XXXData/Templates/.profile.plan". You select and open this plan in your software and change its "Default Settings" to suit your habits and preferences. Then thereafter, each time you use the command "File - New Plan" the software will then open a copy of your customized profile.plan each time. For a plan that has been already saved and started, your only alternative is to just find and change "Default Settings" to fit what you intend to do.

DJP