Finishing/furnishing attic space

KristiL

I have a finished basement, first floor with kitchen, dining, etc., 2nd floor of bedrooms, and a full set of stairs going to 3rd floor which is built into the roof line of a center entrance colonial, with a large dog dormer on the rear.  I am trying to finish and furnish this 3rd floor and faked a floor of just a few inches in between floors 2 and 3 so I could build into the roof.  I can't get walls and siding tp show in 3-D.  Is there some other way to successfully build into the roof level.  Also can't make a shed dormer on the 2nd floor run into side of house in the plan as it does in real life if there is a solution to that?  TY  (Don't know how to drag or attach file here.  Says it's too big)

sking the right question get the right answer.

• software version = Suite 2018 (but How can I confirm that/year)?

• Post information about your operating system, video card, memory, and CPU.  don't know how :(

Edited by KristiL

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Posting images helps explain your issues. Copy the file and delete all the fluff -- furniture, cars etc.

As for your problem, you may want to check Ignore Top Floor when you build the roof, and make the top floor full height -- not a faked floor of just a few inches.

sorry I'm so untechy, but when you say copy the file, how exactly do I do that, and I assume you delete the "fluff" first?

What does "ignore top floor" attempt to do?

Wait til you see my terrain question. but If I send the file, I would like to address that as well