Roof Issues on bump out

Muttley000

I am designing an addition onto our house.  There are 3 things I am struggling with as I work on the kitchen area which is represented in the area by the full gable wall with no windows in it in this picture.  First, what is the proper way to make the roof meet up with the second story roof (The two story section behind the kitchen is part of the same project.)  Second, the bump out that is the full gabled section is just a foot wide bump out that will have a tall window in it, I want to make the peak of this higher so that it is nearly as tall as the original part of the house represented by the section with the windows already in it.  Third, and maybe it gets fixed automatically when one of the first two issues is taken care of, but for some reason there is a ridge cap from what appears to be a remnant of a hip roof over the kitchen I cant seem to get rid of.  

Kitchen Roof Issue.jpg

Proposed House Plan.plan

19 minutes ago, solver said:

Learning about manual roofs will be helpful. For example, there is a tool that will move one roof plane so it's coplanar with another.

Best place to pick up that information in your opinion is where??

Is this what you trying to do?

I lowered the third floor ceiling height to 0"

The second floor ceiling height to 88"

Created a second floor over the Kitchen and lowered the ceiling height to 27"

The Pitch on the Porch is 3" There was no need for knee walls.

Turned off Auto rebuild roofs and checked the Default ceiling heights.

225037115_Houseplan1.thumb.jpg.7a700b2ecc3a86a228cc5b0e3d782b92.jpgHouse plan - 1.plan

House plan.png

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:02 PM, LawB10 said:

Is this what you trying to do?

I lowered the third floor ceiling height to 0"

The second floor ceiling height to 88"

Created a second floor over the Kitchen and lowered the ceiling height to 27"

The Pitch on the Porch is 3" There was no need for knee walls.

Turned off Auto rebuild roofs and checked the Default ceiling heights.

225037115_Houseplan1.thumb.jpg.7a700b2ecc3a86a228cc5b0e3d782b92.jpgHouse plan - 1.plan

House plan.png

Very close, thank you for the help!  I love the program, but the learning curve is proving to be a little steeper than I expected.