Deck over conditioned space

MrsBearshark

Hello,

I'm new to home designer pro, and have been having a hard time creating a second story deck over a main level conditioned space in a way that shows both the roof framing for the main level, and the 2x sleepers of the deck framing.  Is it possible to do this?  or do I have to choose one or the other?  So far, I have been able to create a roof over the main level (shed with 1/4" per foot slope), but I can't then draw a deck over that and not have issues with the framing diagrams. The roof construction will be 11 7/8" TJIs slightly rotated to create a drainage slope, with plywood and EPDM membrane above. On top of that will be 2x sleepers cut with a slight slope to match the roof so that there is a flat surface for the deck.  In one location, there will be a porch below rather than an interior room, but the roof/deck construction will be the same.  What is the best way to achieve an accurate model of this?

Thanks for your help!

Maya

The program does not want to do what you want it to do.

It does not understand a deck over a roof.

I imagine no one has replied because there is no simple answer.

You are getting a warning, not an error and you can check do not show again.

Posting your plan file and any other helpful info will give someone a start on helping.