Home Designer pro & Premier version

tommy1

Fixing to help someone local on a project. He's renting Pro version. I'm using Premier version. My questions are as follows:

1. Does Pro have layer sets and annotation sets? If not, then what does he see if I use layer sets and annotation sets?

2. If I do a multi page layout, will he be able to open it?

6 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

1. Does Pro have layer sets and annotation sets? If not, then what does he see if I use layer sets and annotation sets?

Send him a test plan, or get the Pro trial and see for yourself.

I send Home Designer users plans done in Chief all the time without issue, but have not sent a layout.

I'm trying to meet with him. I've helped someone before using Pro but it's been a while and forgot my limitations. I thought I saw somewhere that Pro was now going to have annotation sets but maybe not. I thought about the trial version but if I can meet with him or do an online meeting, that will not be necessary. Thank you.

The .layout files in Chief and Home Designer Pro are NOT compatible:

Home Designer Pro's .layout file only supports a single printed page at a time, whereas Chief Premier's .layout file supports up to 1,000 potential pages per layout file. Home Designer Pro can only view one page per layout file, even if it, being a Chief Architect layout file, may contain multiple pages. 

Only the plan files are compatible within a single version year.

DJP

Being a user of HDP in a similar situation... my CA designer has the X11 Beta or maybe it is just X11 now. Since he did the plan in X11 Beta I could not read it with my HDP 2019. I have put the project on hold until HDP 2020 comes out as I want to learn from the project. Anyway, for me this was inconvenient. I believe HDP 2020 is due out by March 31st, but I haven't been able to confirm that beyond it being mentioned as a strong possibility in a conversation with HDP support. Perhaps my experience will be useful in your situation.

7 hours ago, Potential_Custmr said:

Being a user of HDP in a similar situation... my CA designer has the X11 Beta or maybe it is just X11 now. Since he did the plan in X11 Beta I could not read it with my HDP 2019. I have put the project on hold until HDP 2020 comes out as I want to learn from the project. Anyway, for me this was inconvenient. I believe HDP 2020 is due out by March 31st, but I haven't been able to confirm that beyond it being mentioned as a strong possibility in a conversation with HDP support. Perhaps my experience will be useful in your situation.

Thank you.