Upgrade Question

Fredo649

I am currently using Home Designer Pro 2019 and do approx. 5 or 6 complete house designs a year and it seems to work . My question is , should I put out the money to upgrade to Chief Architect  or keep using what I currently use. Being from Canada that is quit an expense. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I started on computers with version four of Chief Architect in 1994. Slightly before that, I had used a then version of what is now Home Designer Pro (it was then called "3D Architect). I used it for three or four weeks and then asked my then boss if there was something more robust. Our consulting Architect suggested Chief Architect Premier which we then purchased and I begin learning. I never looked back or ever needed more since.

All I do, hours a day is design and draft so having the necessary tools and few built-in barriers or limitations is important to me as a professional. I need something to aid my creativity not make it harder to get around that tool's shortcomings. In the end, it is for you and only you to decide.

DJP

I have my own design business drawing houses, additions, decks, etc. and I find Pro works just fine for me. Started with it in 2013 and have done over 300 projects with it.. The help here is fantastic and I have learned a lot of nice tricks and workarounds from this forum.