layouts

Richard-K

Save the 1st as a PDF or however you need it saved. Then go to the layout, delete the image, then send the second image to layout. Change any page numbers, title, or other info you want changed. Save the same way with a different title from the 1st so you can keep track of them.

Thanks Keith

That's disappointing that you can't do something simple like add layout pages manually.

I looked through the help and its not much

Saw something about a project browser window in help that looks like multiple page directory for layouts, but couldn't find it in my program

2 minutes ago, Richard-K said:

Saw something about a project browser window in help that looks like multiple page directory for layouts, but couldn't find it in my program

If you are looking at a website, make sure it's for Home Designer (blue themed), and not Chief (green themed).

Well  I have worked for hours to get a decent rendering of elevations in plan layout that can be printed in a full 11x17 to present to town architectural committee and I'm unsuccessful.  

The actual Layout appears to be in 11x8.5 no matter what the settings

It seems that the layout window settings: send option as current screen with camera view live and use layout line scaling produces a very small image, low rez

When I adjust settings to "current screen as image" it produces a larger image with more detail but the text in the title area is not legible and saving layout as pdf at 11x17  and even upped the DPI to 1200     still layout doesn't fill the 11x17 page with the Layout   its 8.5x11 on a 11x17 page with illegible text in title area    

I even tried exporting elevation images  low resolution results unacceptable

also tried exporting as DXF with layout    opened it with DWG True View 2018 and Layout Frame and Text Block were there but no image

then exported as DXF with just the image  and that came up but with all lines on image and when plotted to pdf it was same result

If anyone has any guidance here it would be greatly appreciated, or just let me know that the production of onscreen drawings to a useful Layout is not possible with this version of HD Pro 

RG Layout Elevation North.pdf

RG Layout Elevation South.pdf

appreciate you spending time on this

What settings did you use ?

your print out is 8.5x11 and when I adjust adobe print settings to tabloid  image stays same size and the rest of the 11x17 is white

I don't think 8.5x11 conceptual elevations are going to be large enough to present to an architectural committee

In my opinion, a $400 program should be able to produce higher resolution for larger print outs